Thursday, February 2, 2017

Truffled Mashed Potatoes and Fried Onion with a Horserash-y sauce

This was part of a 'Street Vegan' recipe that was just too overwhelmingly ambitious for me to make in its entirety. The recipe is called 'Truffled Potato and Fried Onion Perogies. I decided to skip the perogy part because I would have had to make a substitution in making the dough, and it also required a mixer.... then rolling it out, shaping them into circles and then folding the potato mixture inside.... and frying up the perogies..... it sounds worth the effort, but I've never made perogies, before..... and the potatoes with the truffle oil were intriguing enough, as it was my first time ever trying truffle oil. it is absolutely earthy, rich, scrumptious and like nothing I have ever tried....I wonder where on earth that truffles can be found.....they are rarer than morels.

Anyway, the potato the truffle potato filling stood incredibly well on its own. I put it on a bed of baby greens and topped it with a dollop of a horshradish-y sauce that I made with horseradish and Veganaise, then garnished it with chives. It is sort of fancy, but it is not. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment