Saturday, February 4, 2017

I Had the Honor to Prepare Eight Delicious Vegan Meals for the Homeless

I'm still thankful for the opportunity to do something for the homeless people that I see on the strip in Las Vegas. My parents have a timeshare, so, my husband and I sometimes get to spend a week or two at the Polo Towers.... and, the first time we were ever there, we were shocked and touched by the sight of the homeless people on the strip.... one man was lying face down under an escalator, knocked out, cold.... I was worried that he could have been deceased, so I told my husband and his friend that i need to check to see if he is breathing.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my husband and I had another Vegas trip planned for May of 2016 and I decided to put up a Gofundme to raise money to make 8 delicious vegan meals to hand out to 8 homeless people.and was able to raise 220 dollars.... I randomly chose a goal of 400 dollars, not really expecting to reach it.... but, as it was, after I had bought all the groceries and put together the meals, I still had a surplus and used it buy socks to put in the care packages.

.... and the meals for each package were quite massive. Each package came with a large container with half coconut-lime quinoa and a fresh mango, avocado salad. Then there were two natural peanut butter sandwiches on raisin cinnamon Ezekiel bread with coconut oil for butter.... and a condiment bag that contained salt and pepper packets, super cute glass bottles of Louisiana hot sauce, and some napkins..... and then, in each bag was added a pair of socks.

These are photos I took of our progress and updates on the Gofundme campaign:













It was a massive blessing to plan and prepare the most delicious, healing, plant-based food for those in the most need and to be empowered to deliver these meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment